Floss Right And Have Perfect Dental Hygiene
To avoid going through teeth whitening or any other invasive technique that will make your teeth look bright, you need to have good dental hygiene. Most of us do floss and brush twice a day, but are we doing it right? Read on, learn the proper technique and take better care of your teeth and gums.
Brushing the right way
Avoiding emergency dental care is something that can save our teeth from early deterioration. For that we need to learn how to brush them right; let’s go through some tips:
- Do it twice a day – This is the absolute minimum frequency. When you do it don’t hurry, take at least two minutes and make sure you don’t forget the tongue.
- The right utensils – Fluoride toothpaste is a definite must as well as a toothbrush with soft bristles. You should also consider one with the tongue cleaner and electric power for a more efficient clean up.
- Keep them clean! – Keeping your toothbrush clean might seem like a no-brainer but you’ll be surprised at how many people disregard this. Rinse it properly after each brushing and keep it to the open air to avoid bacteria proliferation.
- Change it regularly – Most toothbrushes will last for three months and no longer than that. Make sure you remember to always replace them before that time.
The right flossing techniques
There are some spaces between teeth that you just can’t physically reach with your toothbrush and need to be cleaned with floss. Follow these tips and forget about the toothache.
- Try to protect the gums – Dental floss is not for your gums and can severely damage them. Make sure you make a C shape over your tooth when you reach the bottom.
- Do it one at the time – Make sure you clean the side of each tooth with an up-and-down movement and use fresh floss as you move forward.
- Don´’t skip days – Skipping the flossing part might mean bacteria builds up again and all your previous efforts were in vain. Don’t skip days; floss consistently always.
Make sure you have perfect oral hygiene and don’t hesitate to call your local dentist for an easy appointment to check on your dental health. If you live in or near Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, San Ramon or Danville, don’t hesitate in giving Dr. Dalal a call; she is the most prestigious professionals in the area.