Why Do You Need Dental X-Ray?
When your dentist requests a dental X-ray, it means he or she is trying to see beyond a visual inspection. Indeed, professionals often need to see what is going on beneath the gums. Moreover, with this information, they can anticipate future problems and treat them accordingly.
Read on and find out why are dental X-rays crucial to having a better smile.
Prevention Is The Key
You can set up an easy appointment with your dentist the moment you have a toothache. Furthermore, most people don’t even do it until they can’t handle the pain anymore. This is a strategy that will make your dental health tumble and fall rather quickly.
On the other hand, preventive dental appointments can do wonders for dental health. In this sense, having a dental X-ray to evaluate your oral health is essential.
What Can A Dentist See In A Dental X-Ray?
These are some of the ailments your local dentist can spot by looking at your x-rays.
- Decay between teeth – Sometimes, the decay between teeth is not visible during a routine inspection. Nevertheless, they can’t escape X-rays.
- Decay under fillings –Sometimes old fillings leak and cause recurrent decay under them, which can only be diagnosed with X-rays.
- Periodontal disease progress – A sign of periodontal disease progress is bone loss in the jaw. An X-ray could spot it right away.
- Abscesses – An abscess anywhere in the body is a sign that something is not right. Spotting them on time is crucial for a successful treatment.
- The position of the teeth – With an X-Ray, it is possible to correct the position of the teeth and also to predict their future situation. This way, preventive measures can be taken on time to avoid future problems.
- Cysts and other types of tumor – Tumor bodies and cysts can be seen in an X-ray. A quick detection could mean a successful treatment.
Booking an appointment with your “dentist near me” for preventive purposes can be the first step towards better dental health in the long run.
Furthermore, requesting a dental X-ray during that visit could potentially save you from several ailments.
Request an appointment with your dentist today and preserve your smile for decades of practicing preventive dentistry. If you happen to be near theDublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, San Ramon, and Danville areas, don’t hesitate in giving Dr. Dalal a call.